Website Beacon Home Services
Your Beacon of Excellence
Warehouse Associate – Parts Runner Job Details Near Manassas, VA
Beacon Home Services is currently looking for an experienced Warehouse Associate/Parts Runner. The candidate is primarily responsible for receiving, unloading, checking and storing parts/equipment; may assist in making deliveries to worksite or making a pick up from suppliers. This position requires direct supervision. There will also be the need to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, shelves and truck by hand; unloads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit; lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist; stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together; operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Assists in recording and maintaining control of all inventory product in the warehouse; performs transfers, receiving and other inventory transactions; ensures that all trucks and the warehouse are properly stocked and runs any necessary reports; ensures compliance with established internal control procedures.
- Assists in maintaining facilities, cleaning warehouse to include machines and equipment. Secures lifting attachments to materials.
- Coordinates pick-ups and deliveries; delivers parts and equipment via company vehicle to worksite; transfers parts and equipment from storage or work sites to designated area. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers.
- Responsible for the pickup and delivery of Electrical related items. Will be required to be at the shop every morning.
- May pickup, receive, verify, load and deliver equipment and materials needed for each Tech.
- Demonstrates and establishes effective working relationships with co-workers, superiors.
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned company vehicle.
- Maintains high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Stays in constant communication with the Inventory Manager.
- Always drives in a safe manner
- Performs all tasks and duties in an efficient and safe manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Represents Beacon in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 50lbs, stand, bend, stoop, sit, reach, lift and travel to locations.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule (may include some weekends).
- Must have knowledge of safety rules and requirements.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Co-workers must have the ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact while maintaining a good working relationship with co-workers, vendors, and customers; ability to multitask; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
Hours of work:
Monday thru Friday 7am – 3:30pm.
- Between the hours of 11:30am – 1pm (30 minute lunch break!!)