Outdoor safety lighting is more than just for enhancing home aesthetic, although it certainly has its benefits in livening up your home’s exterior at nightfall. The major gain of outdoor safety lighting is that it protects you from the threat of home break-ins, which is much more of a likely occurrence than you may think. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) reports that a home will be broken into every 18 seconds, a staggering rate that would otherwise be lowered if more houses invested in outdoor lighting. Even with the rate of break-ins proving so constant, there are still several homeowners who think their home is immune from the threat of intruders. This leaves their home a prime spot of any burglars to enter, especially at night when they won’t have any lighting to detect them. A lack of outdoor safety lighting will also lower property resale value, ensuring any potential buyer will refuse to take a second look at your home. You cannot risk any of these troubles this fall, and you should instead make steps toward calling your local electric company for service.
Why Should You Call Beacon Home Services?
Fortunately, Beacon Home Services will be here for you once you decide outdoor safety lighting is just right for you. We can provide a wide range of lighting options aimed at making your home more secure than ever. Our team of fully-trained, licensed electricians will be able to provide you with the insight you need to determine what lighting would be perfect for your home. We can adjust our services to make sure homes of all styles and needs are kept safe this fall. Thanks to our help, you will see your property resale value skyrocket, making your home the most wanted on the block. But most importantly, our service ensures your home will be far less at risk to experience a break-in, helping you relax so much more in your home. With just a few additions to your home’s exterior, you will be able to enjoy a better peace of mind throughout the entire season.
What to Consider Before You Install
While outdoor safety lighting should be installed outside your home as soon as possible, please consider the following before you make a purchase:
- Use Outdoor-Rated Bulbs & Cords: Always read the fine print to see if bulbs and extension cords are ready for the outdoors. Failure to do may prove a costly mistake and see you spending money on replacement much sooner than expected.
- Install Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI): A GFCI can save your life by shutting off power when it senses any irregular flow of current, actively preventing electrocution. It is highly important to install them in any area where water and electricity are more likely to mix.
- Keep a Safe Distance: Make sure to remove clutter from your surrounding area, especially for any flammable objects. If not, all it takes is one small spark from your outdoor lighting fixtures to cause a major fire.
- Consider Weather-Resistant Receptacles: Like bulbs and extension cords, you also need weather-resistant receptacles ready to take on any dampness, freezing, or heating without issue. It’s much better to have them than running a wire through a door or window.
4 Types of Outdoor Safety Lighting
While there are several lighting options available on the market today, Beacon Home Services recommends you make consider these 4 options more than anything else:
- Motion Sensor Lighting: You should make motion sensors a must-have for your home’s exterior. They will immediately flash on once they detect motion, which can have a startling effect on any intruder. However, it is important to install close to the home, since it will require an intruder to come closer to the home than they prefer. This will potentially leave them in a difficult position to escape once the lights turn on, ensuring you can clearly identify them before they ever have the chance to run away.
- Flood Lighting: Flood lighting gives intruders little space to hide, as they will make your home extremely visible at night. It also does wonders for home aesthetic, primarily with up lighting and down lighting. Up lighting will give greater dimension to any trees or shrubbery on your property, making your home radiate at nightfall. Similarly, down lighting creates a similar effect by mounting the flood lights high, allowing you to highlight the landscape down below. Why just limit your home’s ability to look nice during the day when it can continue to look great at night and keep you safe in the process?
- Pathway/Driveway Lighting: Pathway and driveway lighting are perfect for your home, and can actively prevent any break-ins which may occur through the front of your home. If you need to evacuate your home at night, this type of lighting will provide you with a safe path so you can evacuate without tripping over anything and injuring yourself. Plus, it looks nice. When you return home from a long day at work, pathway lighting provides a warm welcome back.
- Outdoor Hanging Lights: Outdoor hanging light will illuminate the doors of your front entrance, allowing an intruder to know that someone is home. It also provides you with safe lighting when leaving or entering our home at night. In terms of home aesthetic, they illuminate the architecture of your home, shedding new lights on areas that would otherwise go unnoticed.
Don’t Be Left In The Dark – Schedule Your Outdoor Safety Lighting Service Today
Contact Beacon Home Services today if you want to make your home secure this fall with reliable outdoor safety lighting!